ICO
Forum   [ÖFFENTLICH] Member   Allgemeines
George Kittle Jersey
liny195
Rank 3

42 Beiträge
14.09.2018, 04:50 zitieren  
JACKSONVILLE Max Unger Jersey , Fla. (AP) — Jacksonville Jaguars coach Doug Marrone believes defensive ends Dante Fowler and Yannick Ngakoue can coexist in the same
locker room, in the same meeting room and even in the same huddle.
They probably only have to do so for another five months.
Marrone provided little insight Tuesday into what prompted the players’ post-practice skirmish two days earlier and declined to divulge why Fowler was
suspended and Ngakoue was not. Marrone made it clear, though, that he expects
both guys to be able to work together moving forward.
The Jaguars declined to pick up the fifth-year option in Fowler’s contract, likely making this his last season in Jacksonville.
“In my experience, I’ve seen a lot,” Marrone said. “Things happen, and they’ll take care of it.”
Marrone suspended Fowler and All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey for a week for violating team rules and conduct unbecoming a Jaguars football player.
Neither one is traveling to Minnesota for two days of joint practices with the Vikings and a preseason game. The teams play Saturday.
“I’ve spoken to both players and obviously those conversations are private, and that’s really all I’m really going to say about it,” Marrone said. “I know
that everyone has to ask it but, again George Kittle Jersey , those decisions are internal and it is team violations and those are private.”
Fowler was involved in several fights Sunday, including one after practice with Ngakoue in which they had to be separated repeatedly. No punches were
thrown.
Ramsey was one of several teammates in the middle of it. He shouted profanities at media members who captured the altercation on video and later
took to Twitter to threaten reporters with “war” for releasing the video.
Ramsey also defended his actions on Twitter, saying “I’m always gone take up for my teammates kus I know what type of men and players they are forreal! Love
my dawgs! If you don’t like it, oh well.”
“It’s just brothers being brothers,” said Jaguars defensive tackle Abry Jones, a 320-pound reason Fowler and Ngakoue couldn’t get at each other. “That’s
all pretty much (what) I can equate it to. I mean, the same passion that you saw
there is the same passion they have on Sunday. There was no problem. The only
problem that we had is that it wasn’t in a controlled environment. We like to
control everything that’s on this team so that’s the only problem that we
had.”
The suspension is the latest setback for Fowler, whose checkered past includes two arrests.
Fowler was arrested last year for hitting a 55-year-old man, knocking off and stepping on his glasses, and then taking the man’s grocery bag and tossing it in
a lake.
Fowler pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of battery, criminal mischief and petty theft. The case was closed in March Eddie Yarbrough Jersey , with Fowler sentenced to a year of probation and 75 hours of community service.
The NFL suspended him without pay for the season opener, a one-game penalty that will cost him $214,000.
Fowler also was arrested in Miami Beach in 2016 and charged with misdemeanor counts of assault against a police officer and resisting arrest without
violence. The charges were later dropped.
Fowler, the third overall pick in the 2015 draft, is in the final year of his rookie contract and due to make $3.64 million. He has 14 sacks the last two
seasons, including two in the AFC championship game.
Asked whether Marrone hopes Fowler’s latest suspension will serve as a wake-up call, the coach said “I can’t answer that for him.”
“I think when he comes back Monday, it’s a good question, you know what I’m saying, that you might ask him,” Marrone said.
Not only did the Eagles not send Nick Foles to the Browns Bradley Pinion Jersey , they set up his new deal to pay him if he ends up playing a significant amount for them.
According to Field Yates of ESPN, the restructured deal pays Foles more based on the number of snaps he plays and the team’s success.
He’ll earn $250,000 for every game in which he plays at least a third of the snaps, and another $250,000 if the Eagles win. So, theoretically, if Carson
Wentz doesn’t play this year and Foles leads the Eagles to an undefeated season,
he’d pocket an extra $8 million on top of his base and bonus.
The per-game bonuses were first reported by Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network.
The Eagles are hoping that Wentz will be back from last December’s ACL/LCL injury, but there’s reasonable doubt as to whether he’ll be ready for the
opener.
Since Foles stepped in for them last year and led them to a Super Bowl title, they’re happy to have that kind of insurance policy.
The new Foles deal also includes bumps if he leads them to another playoff run. The incentive for playing a third of the snaps in playoff games goes to
$500,000 Marlon Humphrey Jersey , and another $500,000 for a playoff win he plays a third of the snaps in. That’s another potential $4 million if they came through
the wild card round and won another Super Bowl.
There’s also another $1 million if he plays a third of the snaps for the total season and the Eagles make the playoffs, or $1.5 million if he plays 50
percent of the snaps and they advance. There’s also another $500,000 if he’s
voted to the Pro Bowl on the original ballot (as opposed to being one of the
dozens of replacements).
They gave him a $2 million signing bonus and a $4 million base salary when he restructured, so he’s well taken-care-of even if Wentz heals perfectly and stays
well.
But if he does something unprecedented (again), he’ll be paid like a guy who does historic things instead of a backup.
Adidas Jack Eichel Jersey
You must login or register to use the forum.